This time of year, you see everyone’s status on facebook saying what they are thankful for. Now I do not do the “November status what I’m thankful for” because, to tell you the truth, I do it pretty much all year long. I AM thankful for what I have all year long. I wish I could search my status updates for the word “thankful” I’m sure it is on there 100s of times. See, this stems from my Love Language. My love Language is “words of affermation” (totally opposite of my husband’s I might add) I believe that if you love someone, tell them. If you are thankful for someone tell them. You never know when your life (or the live of someone you love) is going to be cut short, and the last thing I want, is regret. Regret on wishing that someone knew how much I loved them or how happy I was they were in my life.
I do understand that this time of year, is to bring attention to the things that you might usually take for granted. That I get. So, here are some things that maybe I didn’t mention lately on what I am thankful for.
I am thankful mostly for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- my amazing husband that adores me.
- my beautifully, smart gift from God, my daughter Makiah
- my parents, most often, this is the one that is overlooked. I love both of my parents dearly, but with the hussle and Bussle of everyday life, I do often forget to mention it.
- getting to live out my dream of being a photographer.(how cool is that?)
- my job at Bella Baby Photography, at Baptist East.
- my amazing friends that would do anything for me
- UNANSWERED PRAYERS. This one is HUGE! I am so thankful that GOD has a plan for us. He knows whats best for us, and at times we may not understand, we may pray with all of our might for something that is not in the plan, only to find out at a later time, maybe even years down the road, that GOD had a plan.
These are just a few things that I am thankful for this year at the time of Thanksgiving. (Seriously having a hard time, coming to grasp that it is that time of year again already)
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, and remember, to tell someone that YOU are thankful for THEM!!